A plant based diet is all about what you CAN eat! It is not a ‘diet’ in the sense of what media and advertising has labelled “quick, lose weight fast” fads. It is a diet as in the traditional sense of the word; the nutrition humans consume.
There is no counting calories, pre-packaged meals or bars, or separate meals for everyone in the family.
The focus is not on what you can’t eat. It is not about eating less food. It is not about starving yourself or your cravings or making life difficult!
The focus is on eating MORE.
Eating more of the food that is good for you. Eating more whole food. Eating more plants! By eating more of the good stuff you will automatically be eating less of the bad stuff. In the process you will make your life simpler, healthier and happier!
It can happen over night, but it doesn’t have to! You can go 100% plant based, but you don’t have to! Every time you eat a plant based food you are on the right track.
You can eat:
- Fruits and vegetables: fresh, tinned or frozen
- Berries: (Fresh or frozen) Blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, cherries etc..
- Whole grains: Corn, oats, quinoa, rice, rye, spelt & wheat etc…
- Nuts: Cashews, almonds, walnuts etc…
- Legumes: Peanuts, chickpeas, lentils, black beans, kidney beans etc…(Well Family does recommend staying away from un-fermented soy products. Read more about that here.
- Vitamin B12 Supplement or Vitamin B12 fortified plant based foods e.g. Fortified almond milk.